I haven't had much time to comment on my favorite blogs lately but I've definitely been reading - in between naps and feedings and long walks in the park.
One of my favorite bloggers, Emily of the lovely and amazing
Cupcakes and Cashmere, recently blogged about the opposite of "pet peeves" - you know, those little things that annoy us so much we can't stand it. Well, there's no word for the opposite of that. It's sad that there is no word to describe the wonderful, random, little things that make us happy. It seems to be so much more socially acceptable to just complain about those things that bother us rather than to celebrate those that bring us joy. Why? She pointed this out and all I could think was - she is SO right! She made a list of those things that make her happy and I spent two days thinking about mine. Of course the more I thought about it, the more I realized that my list of "little things" is quite long.
Here are just a few of these simple moments that make me smile, make me happy and are just awesome for me.
Husband and me at the wedding of two of our closest friends.
1. When my baby girl smiles when I go to pick her up.
2. Hearing my husband talk to the baby when I’m in the other room.
3. Watching her look at every little thing with so much wonder.
4. When I catch my husband looking at me with a smile on his face.
5. The smell and feel of a fresh manicure.
6. Sleeping with the windows open on the first warm night and feeling the breeze on my face.
7. The first sound of a cicada in summer
8. Feeling of my feet sinking in the sand when the surf goes back out after a wave.
9. Fresh sheets
10. Falling asleep to the sound of rain.
11. The quiet that seems to fall over everything during a snow storm.
12. Finding a parking space right in front of my building.
13. Not getting a ticket when I haven’t paid the meter.
14. When a train arrives just when you go through the turnstyle.
15. When a song that I haven’t heard in a long time comes up randomly on a playlist.
16. Driving with the windows down.
17. Looking at photographs on my couch or in album rather than online.
18. The way my mom and dad's house smells.
19. The sound of windchimes.
20. Hearing kids laughing and playing in the park next door to my building from my 8th floor apartment.
What's on your list?