Have you missed me? Lie and say yes even if you haven't... ;-)
As my vacation winds down and we get ready to head back to the city, I'm thinking about all of the wonderful things that make me love summer..especially summer in the country. Not that I don't love the season in my beloved city but this is my first summer vacation in the country and I think I'm in love.
So here's my little list...and, next time I check in, I'll be coming to you from Manhattan and I'll finally be sharing some photos from this lovely two week getaway.
With further ado, here is my list...in no particular order!
1. Walking barefoot in the grass in the early morning when it is still coated with dew.
2. The smell of sunblock.
3. Feeling sand wash off your body in the shower after a long day at the beach.
3. Speaking of the beach, the coolness of freshwater on your feet as you wash your sand off before getting back in your car.
4. Staying on the beach in the evening when the sun starts to go down in the early evening.
5. The sound of crickets.
6. Picking your own corn.
7. Coming back from the beach to a delicious home-made dinner and a great bottle of wine.
8. Sleeping with the windows open.
9. Lying on your back and counting stars.
11. Not feeling (too) guilty about having ice cream every night.
12. Watermelon. Peaches. Plums.
14. Jumping into waves at the beach.
This list is impossibly long so I will stop now and save some for later...
What are some of your favorite things about summer?
PS--Today is the last day to sign up for a Giveaway for one of my photos over at The Rockstar Diaries. If you haven't visited Naomi then you don't know what you're missing! I'm completely overwhelmed by the response to the giveaway...over 650 entries!